A. The following applicants have qualified to take the Philippine Board of Ultrasound written examination on August 14, 2016:
- Aguillo, Maria Cecilia M.
- Cercado, Wilhermina Anne C.
- Corto, Jennifer P.
- Cruz, Carmina Maria P.
- Fuentes, Riavic Q.
- Go, Eden R.
- Jorge, Carie Anne B.
- Lopez, Romulus James B.
- Olaño-Reyes, Jean Mabelle O.
- Paraan, Maria Emilia V.
- Saba, May-anne G.
- Somera, Janette P.
- Tiangco, Laurence Ronald M.
- Villapando, Paolo V.
- Villegas, Margiecel Ruth S.
B. Exam Details
a. Written examination – August 14, 2016; starts at 7:00 am
b. Practical examination – August 14, 2016; starts at 1:30 pm
2. Venue – Valdez Hall, Veteran’s Memorial Medical Center
3. Things to bring:
a. Black ball pen; no erasers needed
b. Jacket or sweater
c. If you have prescription medications that you regularly take (e.g. for diabetes or hypertension)
4. Breakfast, snacks, and lunch will be served
5. Please inform PCR secretariat or Dr. Romelito Jose Galsim thru cel no. 09209081834 if you have any dietary restrictions
6. Kindly minimize bringing electronic gadgets to the exam venue. Examinees will not be allowed direct access to these electronic gadgets during the entire examination period. The Philippine Board of Ultrasound will not be responsible for any loss of these electronic gadgets.
7. In case of storms or natural calamities during the exam date, the examinees may contact the PCR secretariat, Dr. Romelito Jose Galsim (09209081834) or Dr. Reza Koa Sales (09178851135) to confirm if the exam will push through.
LIST OF BOOKS:
The Examiners recommend the following books to be used for the USP examination but highly encourage examinees to read other materials that will complement this list.
1. General – Diagnostic Ultrasound by Carol Rumack (4th edition)
a. Pediatric Sonography – Marilyn Siegel(4th edition)
b. Ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynecology – Peter W. Callen (5th Edition)
c. Diagnostic Imaging ULTRASOUND, Ahuja (2007) – Small parts and Vascular
d. Diagnostic Imaging BREAST, Berg, Birdwell (2006) – Breast Imaging