Download file: PBR 2 reference for posting 2018
RECOMMENDED REFERENCES FOR THE PBR 2 EXAMINATION (for January 2019):
Fundamentals of Diagnostic Radiology by William E. Brant and Clyde A. Helms. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 4th edition (2012). ISBN-13: 978-1608319114; ISBN-10: 1608319113
Bone and Joint Imaging by Donald Resnick and Mark J. Kransdorf. Elsevier Saunders; 3rd edition (2005) ISBN-13: 978-0721602707 ; ISBN-10: 0721602703
Genitourinary Tract Imaging (Including Male Reproductive System Imaging)
- Clinical Urography (3-Volume Set) by Howard M. Pollack, Bruce L. McClennan, Ry B. Dyer and Philip J. Kenney (3-Volume Set). Saunders; 2nd edition (2000). ISBN-10: 0721669352; ISBN-13: 978-0721669359
- Textbook of Uroradiology by N. Reed Dunnick, Carl M. Sandler and Jeffrey H. Newhouse, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 5th edition (2013). ISBN-13: 978-1451109160; ISBN-10: 1451109164
Neuroradiology (Including Head and Neck and orbital Imaging)
- Osborn’s Brain: Imaging, Pathology, and Anatomy by Anne G. Osborn. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (2012). ISBN-13: 978-1931884211; ISBN-10: 1931884218
- Head and Neck Imaging (2-volume set) by Peter M. Som and Hugh D. Curtin. Mosby; 5th edition (2011). ISBN-13: 978-0323053556; ISBN-10: 0323053556
Caffey’s Pediatric Diagnostic Imaging (2-Volume Set) by Brian D. Coley (editor). Saunders; 12th edition (2013). ISBN-13: 000-0323081762; ISBN-10: 0323081762
- Radiology Illustrated: Chest Radiology by Kyung Soo Lee, Joungho Han, Man Pyo Chung and Yeon Joo Jeong. Springer; 2014 edition. ISBN-13: 978-3642370953; ISBN-10: 3642370950
- Thoracic Imaging: Pulmonary and Cardiovascular Radiology by W. Richard Webb and Charles B. Higgins. Wolters Kluwer; 3rd ed (2017). ISBN-13: 978-1496321046; ISBN-10: 1496321049
Women’s Imaging (Including Breast Imaging)
- Breast Imaging: The Requisites by Debra Ikeda. Mosby; 2nd edition (2010). ISBN-13: 000-0323051987; ISBN-10: 0323051987
- Ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynecology by P. W. Callen. Saunders; 5th edition (2007). ISBN-13: 978-1416032649 ; ISBN-10: 1416032649
Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Imaging
Textbook of Gastrointestinal Radiology (2-volume set) by Richard M. Gore and Marc S. Levine. Saunders; 4th edition (2014). ISBN-13: 978-1455751174; ISBN-10: 1455751170
- Thoracic Imaging: Pulmonary and Cardiovascular Radiology by W. Richard Webb. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 3rd edition (2017). ISBN-13: 978-149321046; ISBN-10: 1496321049
- Cardiac Imaging: The Requisites by Lawrence Boxt and Suhny Abbara. Elsevier; 4th edition (2015). ISBN-13: 978-1455748655; ISBN-10: 145574865X
- Imaging of the Newborn, Infant and Young Child (Chapter 3. Cardiovascular system) by Leonard E. Swischuk. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 5th edition (2003). ISBN-13: 978-0781734585; ISBN-10: 0781734584
- The Philippine Board of Radiology (PBR) will start utilizing the recommended references as bases for test question construction for PBR examinations two years after these shall have been adopted by the Residency Training Council. The Board will have the option to use the most recent editions of the references immediately once these become available. The editions to be employed will be routinely announced in a timely manner before each examination.
- The Board recognizes the fact that new information in medicine becomes available at a very fluid rate. As such and in a manner consistent with implementing guidelines that may be eventually formulated under the new PCR constitution, the Board may opt to occasionally use questions not necessarily covered by the references in this list.
- All of the references in this list were published in 2000 and later.