( I. )
RE: PCR RESEARCH POSTER EXHIBITION AND COMPETITION
The research papers of the following Diplomates of the Philippine Board of Radiology have been selected for the Research Poster Exhibition and Competition to be held during the Philippine College Radiology Annual Convention from February 15 to 17, 2018 at the Manila Marriot Hotel. Congratulations!
1. ABANCIO, CELY ANN
2. AFABLE, GISELLE MARIE
3. ANG, SUNSHINE SOHO
4. BASILIO, FRANCIS ANGELO
5. CALLEJAS-KING, JEANETTE
6. CATIBOG, RHODORA
7. CHAVEZ, JUSTIN KARLO
8. CO, ANDY CHRISTIAN
9. DAJAO-GUINTO, MABELLE
10. DELA CRUZ, JOSELIZA
11. ESLABAN, MA. XENIA
12. FABIAN-TAN, JE-ANN FAITH
13. JOSON-SANGLAY, ANNA KARINA
14. KATO, JUNNOSUKE
15. LAMBIO, APRIL ANN
16. LEGARDA, JOSE EDUARDO
17. MAGAT, FRANCISCO PAOLO
18. NAVARRO, FLORIAN MELIZA
19. OCAMPO-ALCANTARA, LELANNIE
20. PANDES, MARKY JOD
21. PINEDA, JOHN MICHAEL JOSEPH
22. SANDOVAL, CYRENE
23. TABANDA, MICHELLE VANESSA
24. UMEREZ, ANGELO ROME
25. URGEL, RYAN JASON
26. YUNG, CANDICE
( II. )
RE: PCR RESEARCH PAPER ORAL PRESENTATION AND COMPETITION
The research papers of the following Diplomates of the Philippine Board of Radiology have been selected for the Research Oral Presentation and Competition to be held during the Annual Convention of the Philippine College Radiology on February 17, 2018, Saturday, 1:00 to 2:30 pm at the Manila Marriot Hotel. Please prepare an 8 to 10 minute slide presentation. Congratulations!
1. CO, ANDY CHRISTIAN
2. DAJAO-GUINTO, MABELLE
3. ESLABAN, MA. XENIA
4. NAVARRO, FLORIAN MELIZA
5. TABANDA, MICHELLE VANESSA
6. URGEL, RYAN JASON
( III. )
PCR RESEARCH COMMITTEE ANNOUNCEMENT: RESEARCH POSTER GUIDELINES FOR 2018 PCR ANNUAL CONVENTION
These research posters will be a prominent feature of the 2018 PCR Annual Convention this coming February 15 to 17, 2018 at the Manila Marriot Hotel.
A. POSTER SIZE
Poster size is 180 (height) x 90 cm (width). The poster material used will be upon the discretion of the author.
B. POSTER CONTENT
Heading of the poster should include research title, institution and author’s name.
Text, figures and photographs should be readable from a distance of 3 to 4 feet.
Use Times New Roman FONT for your texts.
Use short phrases and “bulleted” text. Avoid long narrative paragraphs.
The posters should be organized to include the following elements:
1. Abstract: Succinct summary of the purpose, methods, and results. Use phrases rather than sentences in simple outline format.
2. Introduction: Concise statement of the objectives and background of the study.
3. Methods: Description of the statistical apparatus, samples, and materials.
4. Results: Graphs, charts, and pictures with a minimum text to highlight the more relevant results.
5. Conclusion: Concise statement of the findings and recommendations.
C. MOUNTING AND REMOVAL
Mounting: 5:00 to 7:00 pm, February 14, 2018, day before the convention; your names will be posted on the assigned exhibit boards
Removal: 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm, February 17, 2018
All posters should be displayed throughout the convention period.
The PCR Secretariat will discard any remaining scientific posters after 1:00 pm on February 17, 2018.
D. POSTER DISCUSSION
The authors of the research posters are requested to be present to answer questions from the judges on February 17, 2018 at 10:00 am to12:00 noon. Awarding of the winners will be on the same day at 2:00 to 2:30 pm, after the oral research competition.
( IV. )
JUDGING CRITERIA FOR RESEARCH POSTER
- Audience Awareness (15 points)
- Does the poster convey the research findings in a manner that a nonsubject specialist will understand?
- Is the poster able to stimulate the audience interest?
| 2. Content (30 points)
- Researcher is able to convey reasons of his interest in the research topic.
- Clear in presenting the research objectives.
- Clear and appropriate methods.
- Results presented clearly in a concise manner.
- Results supporting the conclusions.
- Conclusion drawn will surely help improve existing healthcare practice.
- Visual Design (25 points)
- Appropriate use of color and artistic design?
- Texts and illustrations clear even at 4 feet distance?
- Appropriate use of texts, figures, pictures, graphs and illustrations in the poster?
- All elements in the poster come together to attract readers’ interest?
- Text and Grammar (15 points)
- Use Times New Roman for your text.
- Text concise and easy to read without misspelled texts or grammatical errors.
- Poster Presentation Skills (15 points)
- Judges’ questions were answered in a clear and concise manner.
- Presenter showed mastery of his research work.
|TOTAL: (100 points)
( V. )
RESEACH PAPER ORAL PRESENTATION JUDGING CRITERIA
|PART I: WRITTEN PAPER (60%)
|A. DEVELOPMENT OF THE RESEARCH QUESTION (10%)
- Was there adequate introduction & review of related literature?
- Is there adequate justification of why the research question was asked?
- Are the objectives clearly stated?
- Are the specific objectives necessary to attain the general objective?
|B. RELEVANCE OF THE PAPER (10%)
- If the research question has been addressed in the past, does it merit another process of inquiry?
- What will healthcare be with this study? Will the study contribute to better patient diagnosis and/or management or improve healthcare processes?
|C. METHODOLOGY AND ETHICS (10%)
- Was an appropriate study design utilized?
- Were the methods described in sufficient detail to permit replication?
|D. RESULTS (10%)
- Were baseline characteristics of participants described?
- Were the results able to answer the research objectives?
- Were precision measurements (i.e. p-values, 95% intervals) mentioned when appropriate?
|E. DISCUSSION (10%) Was the discussion thorough and appropriate?
|F. CONCLUSION (5%)
- Did the conclusion directly address the research objectives or the research questions?
|G. RECOMMENDATIONS (3%)
- Were appropriate recommendations made?
|H. WRITTEN REPORT (2%)
- Was the text concise, easy to read and comprehend? No misspelled texts and or grammatical errors present?
|PART II: ORAL PRESENTATION (40%)
|A. ORGANIZATION OF CONTENTS (10%)
- Were the contents organized in a manner that is easy to follow?
- Is the presentation able to stimulate audience interest?
|B. VISUAL AIDS (10%)
- Were appropriate presentation aids used in order to demonstrate concepts that are rather difficult to visualize?
|C. DELIVERY (10%)
- Did the presenter’s voice, grooming, poise and diction contribute to the success of the presentation?
|D. ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS (10%)
- Were the judges’ questions answered in a clear manner?
Download all files:
RESEARCH POSTER COMPETITION 2018
FPCR RESEARCH POSTER PRESENTATION
FPCR RESEARCH ORAL PRESENTATION
JUDGING CRITERIA FOR RESEARCH POSTER
ORAL PRESENTATION JUDGING CRITERIA